NEW YORK, Aug. 23, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Columbia Business School and Biz2Credit, a leading online marketplace and innovator in digital platforms for banks and other financial services providers, will host the inaugural Frontiers of Digital Finance conference on Monday, October 2 and Tuesday, October 3, at Columbia University’s Lerner Hall in New York City.
The conference will drive a robust discussion among industry leaders, policy makers and academics on where the financial services industry stands today, what policy implications surround digital finance growth, and how proprietary, integrated, and open systems are changing the structure and delivery of financial services.
Panel discussions will focus on digital finance adoption, data analytics, and key trends impacting the financial services industry. The conference will highlight issues in:
- Digital business models
- Emerging dimensions in credit, asset & wealth management, payments & the convergence with lending insurance
- Block chain
- Data analytics
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and /machine learning.
“We believe the Frontiers of Digital Finance conference will provide actionable insights from the top experts in the industry to build a mutual learning environment to accelerate adoption of digital innovation among banks and other financial institutions to better serve their customers,” said Biz2Credit CEO, Rohit Arora, a graduate of Columbia University.
The conference has attracted some of the top leaders in digital finance who will present at the conference, including:
- David Chubak, Head of Global Retail Bank & Mortgage, Citigroup
- Harit Talwar, Head of Digital Finance, Goldman Sachs
- Rohit Arora, CEO, Biz2Credit
- Anjali Dewan, Vice President, Global Credit Risk & Information Management, American Express
- Frank T. Young, Senior Vice President, Global Product and Innovation Global Payments, Inc.
- Aniko DeLaney, Managing Director, Global Head of Corporate Marketing, BNY Mellon
- Greg Fleming, Senior Research Scholar in Law and Distinguished Visiting Fellow, Yale University
- Pascal Bouvier, Venture Partner, Santander InnoVentures
- Gagan Rai, Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer, NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited
- Rita Gunther McGrath, Faculty Member, Columbia Business School
- Tommy Marshall, Fintech Lead, North America, Accenture
- Christopher Austin, Partner, Capital Markets, Technology Companies Group, Orrick
- Daniel Simmonds, U.S. Blockchain Lab Lead, Senior Manager, Deloitte Consulting LLP
- Jason Green, CEO, The Cambridge Group
- Steve McLaughlin, CEO, FT Partners
- Morgan Downey, CEO, Money.Net
- Ashish Jain, Senior Vice President, SoFi
- Robert McKenna, Partner, Orrick-Former Attorney General for the State of Washington
- Jeff McMillan, Chief Analytics and Data Officer, Morgan Stanley Wealth Management
The Agenda includes morning keynote speakers and panel discussions, lunch, afternoon breakout sessions, and an evening closing reception. The Frontiers of Digital Finance conference is organized and produced by Columbia Business School’s Program for Financial Studies, The Jerome A. Chazen Institute for Global Business, the Center on Global Brand Leadership, and Biz2Credit. For more information on the conference or to register, visit www.frontiersofdigitalfinance.com.
“Financial services firms worldwide are grappling with unprecedented opportunities and challenges in digital finance due to changing customer expectations, new technology and regulations in flux,” said Melina Robbana, Program Director, Program for Financial Studies at Columbia Business School. “The Frontiers of Digital Finance conference will bring together perspectives from a wide range of senior business leaders and experts in the financial services space and create a stronger foundation for accelerated growth in these areas.”
Conference sponsors include: Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, Cambridge Group, Deloitte, American Express, Accenture, Global Payments and Orrick. An estimated 250 participants, comprising of senior executives from leading banks and other financial institutions and service providers, financial services investors and innovators, as well as Columbia Business School alumni and students are expected to attend.
Participants will have the opportunity to hear about practical experiences, challenges and opportunities in digital finance from speakers and panelists from a broad range of global financial services businesses.
Founded in 2007, Biz2Credit has arranged more than $1.7 billion in small business financing and was recently named to Crain’s New York’s Fast 50 and the top 150 of fast-growing companies on Deloitte’s 2016 Technology Fast 500. Biz2Credit is expanding its industry-leading technology in custom digital platform solutions for leading banks and other financial institutions, investors and service providers in the US and abroad. (Visit www.biz2credit.com, and follow Biz2Credit on social media: Twitter: @Biz2Credit, Facebook: www.facebook.com/biz2credit, and LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/biz2credit-llc).
About Columbia Business School
Columbia Business School is the only world-class, Ivy League business school that delivers a learning experience where academic excellence meets with real-time exposure to the pulse of global business. Led by Dean Glenn Hubbard, the School’s transformative curriculum bridges academic theory with unparalleled exposure to real-world business practice, equipping students with an entrepreneurial mindset that allows them to recognize, capture, and create opportunity in any business environment. The thought leadership of the School’s faculty and staff members, combined with the accomplishments of its distinguished alumni and position in the center of global business, means that the School’s efforts have an immediate, measurable impact on the forces shaping business every day. To learn more about Columbia Business School’s position at the very center of business, please visit www.gsb.columbia.edu.
CONTACT: Contact: John Mooney Biz2Credit (908) 720-6057 [email protected]
Latest posts by Nasdaq NewsFeed (see all)
- Wolters Kluwer Completes Capital Reduction - September 25, 2017
- Enzymatica AB: Notice of extraordinary general meeting regarding among other things personnel option program in Enzymatica AB (publ) - September 25, 2017
- Clio Kicks Off Million Dollar Developer Fund with a $100,000 Launch//Code App Contest - September 25, 2017