VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Sept. 13, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The advanced manufacturing sector is the focus of a trade mission to Europe led by Wavefront Wireless Commercialization Centre Society (Wavefront), a Centre of Excellence with offices in Vancouver and Toronto. Five Canadian tech companies are taking part in a market linkages trip to the Netherlands and Germany from September 18-22. In addition to attending the Industry of Things World industry event in Berlin, the trade mission will travel to manufacturing centres for business-to-business meetings with potential customers and partners.
The companies selected in a nationwide search to take part in the trade mission are:
- Distrix has a novel SDN-based architecture that allows a wide variety of sensors and devices to easily and securely communicate with the products and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) equipment.
- Element AI is pioneering an AI-First world by turning the world’s most important AI research into transformative business applications.
- mnubo is an IoT analytics and data science as-a-service solution for connected product manufacturers.
- Sendum help shippers who must know where their cargo is and that it is being handled safely by providing the best tracking and monitoring solution available today.
- Skynet is a global leader in real-time middleware products that allows you to securely acquire, monitor, control, visualize, network and consolidate live process data in-plant or over insecure networks.
Wavefront’s Global Market Entry Program helps Canadian mobile and IoT (Internet of Things) companies explore new global markets through market linkage trips to countries around the globe. These bespoke trips are focused on a specific sub-sector of the wireless industry and tailored for a small, select group of Canadian companies.
“We are looking forward to connecting these companies with potential partners and customers that could open up significant global markets for them,” says Brian Roberts, Vice President, Global Services with Wavefront. “In our experience taking more than 235 Canadian companies to 35 countries, we find face-to-face meetings can lead to hugely valuable connections.”
This is Wavefront’s third international trade mission this year. Three more are scheduled for 2017: to Washington D.C. (Smart Cities), Taiwan & Japan (Smart Manufacturing) and Smart Retail in the Pacific Northwest. Find out more at wavefront.ca.
Wavefront is Canada’s leader in transforming business through mobile and IoT innovation. We are a centre for commercialization for companies in the wireless and IoT technologies space. Our vision is to build a globally relevant, nationally connected ecosystem that delivers digital capacity, competitiveness and prosperity for Canadians.
For more information, contact:
Michelle Sklar, VP Marketing & Communications, Wavefront
Latest posts by Nasdaq NewsFeed (see all)
- Nasdaq Corporate Solutions and Computershare to Simplify Access to Beneficial Shareholder Data for Corporate Issuers in Australia and New Zealand - September 24, 2017
- Gainey McKenna & Egleston Announces VimpelCom, Ltd. Class Action Litigation Update (Now Known As VEON Ltd.) (VEON) - September 24, 2017
- iLOOKABOUT Launches New Mobile Appraiser Product at IAAO Conference - September 24, 2017