REDWOOD CITY, Calif., July 17, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — In a newly released report by Dell’Oro Group, the trusted source for market information about the telecommunications, networks, and data center IT industries, the wavelength division multiplexer (WDM) market revenue is forecasted to reach $14 B by 2021 driven by the demand for 100+ Gbps coherent wavelengths. During this period, the total Optical Transport equipment market, including WDM, Multiservice Multiplexers and Optical Switches, is projected to reach $15 B.
“Demand for coherent wavelengths running at speeds of 100 Gbps and higher are expected to grow at a solid pace for the next five years,” said Jimmy Yu, Vice President at Dell’Oro Group. “Specifically, we predict a large ramp in demand for 200 Gbps coherent wavelengths, and forecast shipments of these line cards to grow at an 85 percent compounded annual growth rate,” added Yu.
Highlights from the Optical Transport 5-Year Forecast Report:
- Demand for WDM Metro equipment is forecasted to outpace that of DWDM Long Haul for the next five years. On an average annual basis, the growth rate for WDM Metro revenue will be approximately three-times higher than that of DWDM Long Haul revenues.
- 100+ Gbps coherent wavelengths will contribute approximately 90 percent of the WDM equipment market revenue by 2021.
- Enterprise direct purchasing for data center interconnect (DCI) will deeply influence the WDM market. DCI using WDM equipment is forecast to be a $2.4 B market by 2021.
About the Report
The Dell’Oro Group Optical Transport 5-Year Forecast Report offers a complete overview of the Optical Transport industry with tables covering manufacturers’ revenue, average selling prices, unit shipments, Tributary/Line or Wavelength shipments (by speed up to >100 Gbps). The report tracks DWDM long haul terrestrial, WDM metro, multiservice multiplexers, and optical switch equipment. To purchase this report, call Matt Dear at +1.650.622.9400 x223 or email [email protected].
About Dell’Oro Group
Dell’Oro Group is a market research firm that specializes in strategic competitive analysis in the telecommunications, networks, and data center IT markets. Our firm provides in-depth quantitative data and qualitative analysis to facilitate critical, fact-based business decisions. For more information, contact Dell’Oro Group at +1.650.622.9400 or visit www.delloro.com.
CONTACT: Media Contact: Matt Dear Phone: +1.650.622.9400 x223 Email: [email protected]
Latest posts by Nasdaq NewsFeed (see all)
- Blox Announces Change of Directors - November 20, 2017
- Bombardier Announces Pricing of its New Issuance of Senior Notes due 2024 - November 20, 2017
- Hope Well Enters Into Letter of Intent for Qualifying Transaction - November 20, 2017