American Women Quarter Honoring Eleanor Roosevelt
Washington, DC, May 30, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The United States Mint (Mint) 2023 American Women Quarters Rolls and Bags honoring Eleanor Roosevelt will be available for purchase on June 5 at noon EDT. The Eleanor Roosevelt quarter is the eighth coin in the American Women Quarters™ Program, a four-year series that celebrates the accomplishments and contributions made by women who have shaped our Nation’s history and helped pave the way for generations that followed.
The rolls and bags product options include:
- Priced at $45.00, a bag of 100 circulating quality quarters minted in Philadelphia (product code 23WBE).
- Priced at $45.00, a bag of 100 circulating quality quarters minted in Denver (product code 23WBF).
- Priced at $40.00, a two-roll set containing a total of 80 circulating quality quarters minted in Philadelphia and Denver (product code 23WRE).
- Priced at $60.00, a three-roll set containing a total of 120 circulating quality quarters minted in Philadelphia, Denver, and San Francisco (product code 23WRF).
Orders for the 100-coin bags are limited to 10 per household, while orders for the two-roll and three-roll sets are limited to three per household.
Sign up to receive “Remind Me” alerts by visiting the official product listing page.
The American Women Quarters Rolls and Bags are also available for purchase through the Mint’s Subscription Program. Subscriptions work like a magazine subscription. After you sign up, you will receive the next product released in the series and continue to receive products until you end your subscription. Visit our subscriptions page to learn more.
Because of overwhelming demand, much of the production of the three-roll sets is accounted for through subscription. A limited quantity will be available for purchase on June 5 at noon EDT.
The reverse (tails) of this coin depicts Eleanor Roosevelt and the scales of justice against a backdrop representing the globe, symbolic of her influential work with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. The inscriptions are “UNITED STATES of AMERICA,” “QUARTER DOLLAR,” “E PLURIBUS UNUM,” “ELEANOR ROOSEVELT,” and “UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS.”
United States Mint Artistic Infusion Program Designer Don Everhart created the reverse design, which United States Mint Medallic Artist Craig A. Campbell sculpted.
Each coin in this series features a common obverse (heads) design depicting a portrait of George Washington. This design was originally composed and sculpted by Laura Gardin Fraser as a candidate entry for the 1932 quarter, which honored the bicentennial of George Washington’s birth. The inscriptions are “LIBERTY,” “IN GOD WE TRUST,” and “2023.”
From 2022 through 2025, the Mint is issuing five new quarter dollar reverse designs each year. The American Women Quarters Program is authorized by the Circulating Collectible Coin Redesign Act of 2020 (Public Law 116-330).
Inspire women everywhere. Shop the American Women Quarters Program today and start collecting this historic series honoring extraordinary women whose achievements, triumphs, and legacies reflect the strength and resilience of our Nation.
The groundbreaking American Women Quarters Program is an excellent way to remind future generations what can be accomplished with vision, determination, and a desire to improve opportunities for all. Subscribe to the program today to ensure fulfillment of your favorite product through 2025.
About the United States Mint
Congress created the United States Mint in 1792, and the Mint became part of the Department of the Treasury in 1873. As the Nation’s sole manufacturer of legal tender coinage, the Mint is responsible for producing circulating coinage for the Nation to conduct its trade and commerce. The Mint also produces numismatic products, including proof, uncirculated, and commemorative coins; Congressional Gold Medals; silver and bronze medals; and silver and gold bullion coins. Its numismatic programs are self-sustaining and operate at no cost to taxpayers.
Note: To ensure that all members of the public have fair and equal access to United States Mint products, the United States Mint will not accept and will not honor orders placed prior to the official on-sale date of June 5th, 2023, at noon EDT.
Please use the United States Mint catalog site at https://catalog.usmint.gov/ as your primary source of the most current information on product and service status, or call 1-800-USA-MINT (872-6468).
- Visit https://www.usmint.gov/news/image-library/american-women-quarters-program#roosevelt for product images.
- Visit https://www.usmint.gov/learn/coin-and-medal-programs/american-women-quarters for additional information about the American Women Quarters Program.
- Visit https://www.usmint.gov/about for information about the United States Mint.
- Visit https://catalog.usmint.gov/email-signup to subscribe to United States Mint electronic product notifications, news releases, public statements, and our monthly educational newsletter, Lessons That Make Cents.
- Sign up for RSS Feeds from the United States Mint and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
# # #
United States Mint – Connecting America through Coins
- American Women Quarter Honoring Eleanor Roosevelt
CONTACT: Office of Corporate Communications United States Mint email@example.com
- Celebrities Set to Walk the Black Carpet At Knott’s Scary Farm in Celebration of 50th Anniversary - September 22, 2023
- Matinas BioPharma Announces Notification of NYSE American Continued Listing Deficiency - September 22, 2023
- First Watch Named to Newsweek’s Top 100 Most Loved Workplaces® for Second Consecutive Year - September 22, 2023