DMV Rising: Local Roots, Global Impact in Cybersecurity featured technology leaders from the D.C.-area’s most innovative cybersecurity companies
WASHINGTON, Sept. 14, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Virtru, the global leader in data-centric security and privacy, organized and hosted yesterday the inaugural DMV Rising cybersecurity and risk management conference along with co-hosts Dragos, Flashpoint, GDIT, Palo Alto Networks, Sonatype, Brown Advisory, Data Tribe, King and Spalding, and Morrison Foerster.
Momentum Cyber recently released its H1 2023 report, and the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia (DMV) region ranks second nationally with nearly $600M invested in just the past 6 months. Virtru and its fellow sponsors created DMV Rising to foster conversation and learning among organizations innovating on the front lines of cyber risk management – and to celebrate the DMV region as an important player in the global cyber industry.
“The DMV region is a force in the $200B cybersecurity industry, yet its impact is often overlooked. DMV Rising shines a spotlight on the D.C. region as a global leader in cybersecurity, showcasing our collective commitment to advancing this critical industry,” said Matt Howard, SVP and CMO of Virtru. “Cybersecurity is a team sport, and our first DMV Rising event united top cyber minds and was a tremendous success. We look forward to many more to come.”
The event included panel discussions featuring executives from the DMV region’s most innovative cybersecurity companies including:
- Innovating to Minimize Cyber Risk In Commercial Markets: OT, Open Source, and Data
- Katherine D. Ledesma, Head of Public Policy & Government Affairs at Dragos
- Alex Berry, President of Sonatype
- John Ackerly, CEO of Virtru
- Zero Trust Security Transformations in Federal Markets: A Difficult and Non-Optional Journey
- Dr. John Sahlin, Vice President, Cyber Solutions at GDIT
- Coleman Mehta, Senior Director for Public Policy at Palo Alto Networks
- Flashpoint: Gray Loftin, Director of Solutions Architecture, National Security
- State of Cyber Capital Markets: Early Innovators, M&A, and Public Performance
- Keith Stone, Managing Director at Brown Advisory
- John Funge, Managing Partner at Data Tribe
- Jeremy Schropp, Partner at King and Spalding
To learn more about DMV Rising, contact Virtru here.
About DMV Rising:
DMV Rising: Local Roots, Global Impact in Cybersecurity is D.C.’s premier cybersecurity community event aimed at fostering innovation and collaboration and celebrating the region’s achievements within the global cyber industry.
At Virtru, we empower organizations to easily unlock the power of data while maintaining control everywhere it’s stored and shared. More than 8,000 global customers trust Virtru to power their data-centric, Zero Trust strategies and safeguard their most sensitive data in accordance with the world’s strictest security standards. Creators of TDF (Trusted Data Format), the open industry standard for persistent data protection, Virtru automates policy control for sensitive data shared through email, files and SaaS application workflows. For more information, visit virtru.com.
CONTACT: Contact: Emily Brown REQ on behalf of Virtru email@example.com
- NKGen Biotech to Present at the Cantor Fitzgerald Global Healthcare Conference 2023 - September 21, 2023
- Global Nurse Call Systems Market Size to Surpass USD 18 Bn Growth by 2030, Exhibit a CAGR of 7.03% - September 21, 2023
- Freddie Mac Multifamily Apartment Investment Market Index Rises Again in Second Quarter of 2023 - September 21, 2023