LEAD PLAINTIFF DEADLINE IS NOVEMBER 23, 2020
NEW YORK, Sept. 29, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP announces that a federal securities class action lawsuit has been filed against Golar LNG Limited (“Golar” or the “Company”) (NASDAQ: GLNG) in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York on behalf of those who purchased or acquired the securities of Golar LNG between April 30, 2020 and August 10, 2020, inclusive (the “Class Period”).
All investors who purchased shares of against Golar LNG Limited and incurred losses are urged to contact the firm immediately at [email protected] or (800) 575-0735 or (212) 545-4774. You may obtain additional information concerning the action or join the case on our website, www.whafh.com.
If you have incurred losses in the shares of against Golar LNG Limited, you may, no later than November 23, 2020, request that the Court appoint you lead plaintiff of the proposed class. Please contact Wolf Haldenstein to learn more about your rights as an investor in the shares of Golar LNG Limited.
CLICK HERE TO JOIN CASE
According to the Complaint, the Company made false and misleading statements to the market. Employees of Golar’s joint venture, Hygo Energy Transition Ltd. (“Hygo”), including Hygo’s CEO, engaged in a scheme to bribe third parties, violating the law.
The filed Complaint alleges that throughout the Class Period, Defendants made materially false and misleading statements regarding the Company’s business, operations and prospects. Specifically, Defendants misrepresented and/or failed to disclose to investors:
- that certain employees, including Hygos’ CEO, had bribed third parties, thereby violating anti-bribery policies;
- that, as a result, the Company was likely to face regulatory scrutiny and possible penalties;
- that, as a result of the foregoing reputational harm, Hygos valuation ahead of its IPO would be significantly impaired; and
- that, as a result of the foregoing, Defendants positive statements about the Company’s business, operations, and prospects was materially misleading and/or lacked a reasonable basis.
On September 24, 2020, media reported that Hygo’s CEO Eduardo Navarro Antonello was involved in a bribery network investigated in Brazil’s Operation Car Wash.
On this news, the Company’s share price fell $3.28.
Wolf Haldenstein has extensive experience in the prosecution of securities class actions and derivative litigation in state and federal trial and appellate courts across the country. The firm has attorneys in various practice areas; and offices in New York, Chicago and San Diego. The reputation and expertise of this firm in shareholder and other class litigation has been repeatedly recognized by the courts, which have appointed it to major positions in complex securities multi-district and consolidated litigation.
If you wish to discuss this action or have any questions regarding your rights and interests in this case, please immediately contact Wolf Haldenstein by telephone at (800) 575-0735, via e-mail at [email protected], or visit our website at www.whafh.com.
Wolf Haldenstein Adler Freeman & Herz LLP
Kevin Cooper, Esq.
Gregory Stone, Director of Case and Financial Analysis
Email: [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected]
Tel: (800) 575-0735 or (212) 545-4774
This press release may be considered Attorney Advertising in some jurisdictions under the applicable law and ethical rules.
- Los Angeles Top Rated Pavers Contractor Eminent Construction Can Revitalize Your Home by Changing Your Outdoor Space - October 25, 2020
- ROSEN, TRUSTED NATIONAL TRIAL COUNSEL, Reminds Aurora Cannabis Inc. Investors of Important Deadline in Securities Class Action – ACB - October 25, 2020
- ROSEN, TOP RANKED NATIONAL INVESTOR ATTORNEYS, Announces Filing of Securities Class Action Lawsuit Against Las Vegas Sands Corp. – LVS - October 25, 2020