Primary Mortgage Market Survey®
U.S. weekly average mortgage rates as of April 25, 2019.
MCLEAN, Va., April 25, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Freddie Mac (OTCQB: FMCC) today released the results of its Primary Mortgage Market Survey® (PMMS®), showing that fixed mortgage rates posted a fourth consecutive week of increases.
Sam Khater, Freddie Mac’s chief economist, says, “Despite the recent rise in mortgage rates, both existing and new home sales continue to show strength – indicating the lagged effect of lower rates on housing demand. This, along with improved affordability, should push housing activity higher in the coming months.”
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.20 percent with an average 0.5 point for the week ending April 25, 2019, up from last week when it averaged 4.17 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 4.58 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.64 percent with an average 0.5 point, up from last week when it averaged 3.62 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 4.02 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 3.77 percent with an average 0.4 point, down from last week when it averaged 3.78 percent. A year ago at this time, the 5-year ARM averaged 3.74 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following link for the Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.
Freddie Mac makes home possible for millions of families and individuals by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Since our creation by Congress in 1970, we’ve made housing more accessible and affordable for homebuyers and renters in communities nationwide. We are building a better housing finance system for homebuyers, renters, lenders, investors and taxpayers. Learn more at FreddieMac.com, Twitter @FreddieMac and Freddie Mac’s blog FreddieMac.com/blog.
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/125aa883-90a7-4017-8086-95cde0d0910f
Latest posts by GlobeNewswire (see all)
- ROSEN, A LEADING LAW FIRM, Reminds MINDBODY, Inc. Investors of Important November 4th Deadline in Securities Class Action – MB - October 20, 2019
- ROSEN, A LEADING LAW FIRM, Reminds ViewRay, Inc. Investors of Important November 12th Deadline in Securities Class Action – VRAY - October 20, 2019
- ROSEN, A LEADING LAW FIRM, Reminds Uber Technologies, Inc. Investors of Important December 3rd Deadline in Securities Class Action – UBER - October 19, 2019