State of Artificial Intelligence 2020
300 technology decision makers were surveyed to uncover the ways companies are approaching and implementing emerging technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI) to grow business and surpass the competition.
SAN FRANCISCO, July 09, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Informa Tech media brands, InformationWeek and ITPro Today, today announced findings from their latest research survey the 2020 State of Artificial Intelligence. The team surveyed technology decision makers across North American companies to uncover the ways organizations are approaching and implementing emerging technologies – specifically artificial intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT) – in order to grow and get ahead of the competition.
Key Findings in the 2020 State of Artificial Intelligence
- Organizations varied a great deal in terms of where they were in their adoption of AI. The largest percentage of organizations (36%) are still in the development stage with their AI programs, and yet nearly one-third (30%) were the most advanced, with multiple applications in general production.
- The biggest concern organizations had about AI was security, which was cited by nearly half of respondents (48%).
- Larger companies (1,000 or more employees) said that greater efficiencies within IT operations topped their list of benefits already achieved from existing AI deployments (49%). Smaller companies (fewer than 1,000 employees) said the biggest benefit was new product development (35%), followed closely by IT efficiencies (31%).
- The majority of those surveyed, (55%), said they were “pioneers” of AI deployment, learning about AI as they engaged with the technology. Very few classified themselves as “bleeding edge early adopters,” nor did they describe their organizations as “resistant laggards.”
To download a complimentary copy of The 2020 State of Artificial Intelligence, click here.
Media interested in receiving a copy of the report or the State of AI infographic should contact Briana Pontremoli at [email protected]
2020 State of Artificial Intelligence Report Methodology
The survey collected opinions from nearly 300 business professionals at companies engaged with AI-related projects. Nearly 90% of respondents have an IT or technology-related job function, such as application development, security, Internet of Things, networking, cloud, or engineering. Just over half of respondents work in a management capacity, with titles such as C-level executive, director, manager, or vice president. One half are from large companies with 1,000 or more employees, and 20% work at companies with 100 to 999 employees.
About Informa Tech
Informa Tech is a market leading provider of integrated research, media, training and events to the global Technology community. We’re an international business of more than 600 colleagues, operating in more than 20 markets. Our aim is to inspire the Technology community to design, build and run a better digital world through research, media, training and event brands that inform, educate and connect. Over 7,000 professionals subscribe to our research, with 225,000 delegates attending our events and over 18,000 students participating in our training programs each year, and nearly 4 million people visiting our digital communities each month. Learn more about Informa Tech.
Informa Tech PR
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at https://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/416bdfd6-7702-4850-94b0-4838cf3a396f
- Bragar Eagel & Squire, P.C. Reminds Investors That Class Action Lawsuits Have Been Filed Against Insperity, Energy Recovery, Wins Finance, and Guidewire Software and Encourages Investors to Contact the Firm - August 5, 2020
- Infinera Corporation Announces CEO and Board Transition Plans - August 5, 2020
- CORRECTION – U.S. Well Services Announces Second Quarter 2020 Financial and Operational Results - August 5, 2020