DURHAM, N.C., Sept. 12, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Percona, a leader in open source database software and services, today announced the full conference and keynote schedule for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2019, taking place September 30 to October 2, 2019, at the Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol in the Netherlands. Sponsorship opportunities are still available.
The Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2019 is the premier open source database event. Percona Live conferences provide the open source database community with an opportunity to discover and discuss the latest open source trends, technologies and innovations. The conference includes the best and brightest innovators and influencers in the open source database industry.
This year’s keynotes will take place on Tuesday, October 1. Keynotes include:
- The State of Open Source Databases – It has been an exciting year in the open source database industry, with more choice, more cloud, and key changes in the industry. In his keynote address, Peter Zaitsev of Percona will explore current topics impacting the database ecosystem, the businesses that run open source databases as part of their infrastructure, and interesting new results from a new open source database survey.
- The State of Dolphin – Where are we with MySQL 8.0 one year after GA? Geir Hoydalsvik of Oracle will discuss this and more during his keynote session on MySQL and its commitment to performance, stability and innovation.
- Unlocking the Cloud Operating Model – In order to unlock the fastest path to the value of the cloud, enterprises must consider how to industrialize the application delivery process across each layer of the cloud. In his keynote, John Boero of Hashicorp will discuss what the Cloud Operating Model means for your enterprise.
Conference Session Schedule
Conference sessions will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday, October 1-2, and will feature in-depth talks by industry experts. Conference session examples include:
- Top 10 Mistakes When Migrating From Oracle to PostgreSQL – Jim Mlodgenski, Amazon Web Services
- From Scheduled Downtime to Self-Healing in Less Than a Year – Károly Nagy, Salesforce
- Our Journey to Better MySQL Availability Using Global Transaction IDs, ProxySQL and Consul – Stephane Combaudon and Yuriy Olshanetsky, Rakuten Intelligence
- How to Protect PII Data in MySQL While Allowing Customers to Access the Database – Alexander Rubin, VirtualHealth
- Managing MySQL at Scale in Facebook – Pradeep Nayak and Junyi Lu, Facebook
- What’s New On Sharding in MongoDB 4.2 – Antonios Gianopoulos, ObjectRocket by Rackspace
- Lessons From Building Automation for a Large Distributed Database – Ameet Kotian, Leigh Johnson, Slack Inc.
- Backing up Wikipedia Databases – Jaime Crespo, Manuel Arostegui, Wikipedia
- High Availability and Automatic Failover in PostgreSQL – Avinash Vallarapu, Percona
- How a Modern Database Gets Your Data Fast: MariaDB Query Optimizer – Vicențiu Ciorbaru, MariaDB Foundation
- My First 90 Days with Vitess – Morgan Tocker, PlanetScale
Sponsorship opportunities for Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2019 are available and offer the opportunity to interact with the DBAs, sysadmins, developers, CTOs, CEOs, business managers, technology evangelists, solution vendors and entrepreneurs who typically attend the event. Contact [email protected] for sponsorship details. Current sponsors include:
- Platinum – Percona
- Gold – AWS, PlanetScale
- Silver – Altinity, Galera Cluster, MySQL, Shannon Systems, Tarantool
- Community – Booking.com, Free Software Foundation, MariaDB Foundation
- Media – Datanami, EnterpriseAI, HPCWire, Women Who Code
Percona Live Conferences
What: Percona Live Open Source Database Conference Europe 2019
Where: Hilton Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, Netherlands
When: September 30-October 2, 2019
US Press Contact
European Press Contact
With more than 3,000 customers worldwide, Percona is the only company that delivers enterprise-class solutions for both MySQL® MariaDB®, MongoDB® and PostgreSQL across traditional and cloud-based platforms. The company provides Software, Support, Consulting, and Managed Services to large, well-known global brands such as Cisco Systems, Time Warner Cable, Alcatel-Lucent, Rent the Runway and the BBC, as well as smaller enterprises looking to maximize application performance while streamlining database efficiencies. Well established as thought leaders, Percona experts author content for the Percona Database Performance Blog and the Percona Live Open Source Database Conferences draw attendees and expert technical speakers from around the world. For more information, visit www.percona.com.
Percona® is a registered trademark of Percona LLC. All other registered and unregistered trademarks in this document are the sole property of their respective owners.
Latest posts by GlobeNewswire (see all)
- Wellness benefits are commonly offered with voluntary supplemental health products, finds Eastbridge Consulting Group - January 28, 2020
- Deadline Reminder: The Law Offices of Howard G. Smith Reminds Investors of Looming Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against Trulieve Cannabis Corp. - January 28, 2020
- Everi Holdings to Report 2019 Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results on March 2 and Host Conference Call and Webcast - January 28, 2020