Washington, DC, Sept. 19, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The Foundation for Opioid Response Efforts (FORE) is announcing new funding and initiatives to combat the opioid and overdose crisis facing America’s youth at a press conference on Wednesday, September 27, 2023, 9am-10am ET, at the National Press Club, 529 14th Street, NW, Washington, DC. As fentanyl, xylazine and other substances continue to devastate our young people, FORE is expanding its work with children, youth, and families with a focus on prevention.
Speakers will include:
- Andrea Barthwell, MD, DFASAM, Chair of FORE’s Board of Directors
- Karen A. Scott, MD, MPH, President of FORE
- Sivabalaji Kaliamurthy, MD, Child and Adolescent Addiction Psychiatrist at Children’s National Hospital and Howard University
- Jeanette Betancourt, EdD, Senior Vice President for U.S. Social Impact at Sesame Workshop, the nonprofit organization behind Sesame Street
- Debra Waldron, MD, MPH, FAAP, Senior Vice President, Healthy Resilient Children, Youth, and Families at the American Academy of Pediatrics
To attend in person, RSVP to Myrna Manners, firstname.lastname@example.org
To attend virtually, register HERE
FORE recognizes the need for holistic prevention strategies and is supporting several projects that are engaging and empowering vulnerable families and communities to prevent opioid use disorder and overdose. This press conference, during National Recovery Month, will announce innovative solutions and discuss how policy makers, health care providers, parents, caregivers, educators, the court system, and all involved in the future of our children can work together to improve adult-child relationships and family resilience.
Foundation for Opioid Response Efforts (FORE)
FORE was founded in 2018 as a private 501(c)(3) national, grant-making foundation focused on addressing the nation’s opioid crisis. FORE is committed to funding a diversity of projects contributing solutions to the crisis at national, state, and community levels. FORE’s mission is to support partners advancing patient-centered, innovative, evidence-based solutions impacting people experiencing opioid use disorder, their families, and their communities. Through convening, grantmaking and developing informational resources, FORE seeks to bring about long-term change.
CONTACT: Myrna Manners Foundation for Opioid Response Efforts 718-986-7255 email@example.com
- Human Machine Interface Market to hit USD 10.7 billion by 2032; Amid Rising Demand for Industrial Automation | Market.us - October 3, 2023
- Single-Cell Omics Market revenue to hit USD 30 Billion by 2035, says Research Nester - October 3, 2023
- [Latest] Global Rubber Compound Market Size & Share to Surpass USD 15.69 Billion by 2030, Growing at a CAGR of 7.34%: Zion Market Research (Analysis, Outlook, Leaders, Report, Trends, Forecast, Segmentation, Growth, Growth Rate, Value) - October 3, 2023