Since pruritus is becoming more common among the general public, the market for treatments for it is predicted to increase significantly in the United States over the next several years.
Wilmington, Delaware, United States, Nov. 14, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Transparency Market Research Inc. – The global U.S. pruritus treatment market was estimated at a value of US$ 5.1 billion in 2022. It is anticipated to register a 5.6% CAGR from 2023 to 2031 and by 2031; the market is likely to attain US$ 8.4 billion by 2031.
The availability of innovative therapies such immunosuppressants, topical corticosteroids, and antihistamines, together with rising awareness of the illness, are expected to support the expansion of the pruritus treatment market in the United States throughout the coming years.
Download Sample of this Research Report@ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=85582
Over-the-counter (OTC) drug demand and telemedicine use are predicted to grow, providing industry participants with profitable prospects. To get more market share and visibility, companies are concentrating on creating over-the-counter (OTC) treatments that are affordable and effective.
The market is expected to be constrained by the high cost of treatment and the adverse effects of some drugs.
Global U.S. Pruritus Treatment Market: Key Players
In order to expand their market position, major firms concentrate on tactics such as product launches, partnerships, mergers and acquisitions (M&A), and divestitures.
The following companies are well-known participants in the global U.S. pruritus treatment market:
- AbbVie, Inc. (Allergan plc)
- Albireo Pharma, Inc.
- Astellas Pharma Inc.
- Cipla Limited
- Eli Lilly and Company
- GSK plc
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Viatris Inc. (Mylan N.V.)
Key Findings of Market Report
- Another factor propelling the skin disorders segment is the increased awareness of pruritic skin illnesses among patients as well as healthcare providers.
- Recent developments in medical science and technology have expanded our knowledge of how specific skin disorders can cause persistent itching or pruritus.
- There are now more precise diagnosis and treatment options available, which has increased demand for medications that target particular types of pruritus brought on by various skin conditions.
Market Trends For U.S. Pruritus Treatment
- By dosage form, the oral category held the majority of market share in 2022. When compared to topical dosing forms, this is attributed to improved patient compliance and simplicity of administration. Since oral drugs are typically supplied in tablet or capsule form, patients can take them as directed more easily and have no need to worry about topically applying creams or ointments to the affected areas.
- Compared to topical preparations, oral medications have a longer duration of action, providing long-lasting relief from itching. The need for oral medications that target the many forms of pruritus brought on by diverse underlying illnesses has increased as a result of this.
Global Market for U.S. Pruritus Treatment: Regional Outlook
Various reasons are propelling the growth of the U.S. pruritus treatment market throughout the region. These are:
- Treatment for pruritus is in great demand in the United States due to the high prevalence of skin problems like dermatitis, psoriasis, eczema, and other inflammatory ailments. Itching is frequently a major symptom of many illnesses, necessitating the need for efficient pruritus management and treatment solutions.
- The number of older people in the United States is growing, and many of them suffer from pruritus as a side effect from often prescribed medications or as a sign of other age-related skin disorders. The market for goods that address the symptoms of pruritus in this age group is projected to expand as a result of the aging population’s expected increase in demand.
Have Any Query? Ask our Experts@ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=ASK&rep_id=85582
Few of key developments by the players in this market are:
- Albireo Pharma, Inc., a pioneer in the development of bile-acid modulators for the treatment of cholestatic liver disorders in adults and children, was purchased by Ipsen in March 2023. The infrastructure of Ipsen for rare diseases would be strengthened and immediate incremental sales will be generated by the acquisition of Albireo. The acquisition is also expected to provide scientific and commercial skills, as well as promising therapies for rare cholestatic liver illnesses in adults and children, to Ipsen’s portfolio of rare diseases.
- In order to treat adults and adolescents 12 years of age and older with chronic spontaneous urticaria (CSU) that is not sufficiently controlled with the H1 antihistamine treatment—the current standard of care—the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) accepted the supplemental Biologics License Application (sBLA) for review in March 2023.
- Bylvay (odevixibat), the first medication authorized for the itchy treatment of pruritus in all subtypes of progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis (PFIC), was approved by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration (FDA) in July 2021. Bylvay is a strong, non-systemic ileal bile acid transport inhibitor (IBATi) that can be simply provided as a once daily capsule or opened and sprinkling. It does not require refrigeration.
Global U.S. Pruritus Treatment Market Segmentation
- Pruritus Type
- Systemic Diseases
- Liver Disease
- Kidney Disease
- Skin Diseases
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Neurologic Diseases
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Nocturnal Pruritus
- Pruritus Ani
- Systemic Diseases
- Drug Type
- Calcineurin Inhibitors
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors
- Dosage Form
- Sales Type
- Rx Sales
- OTC Sales
- Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
Place an Order Copy of the Report@ https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/checkout.php?rep_id=85582<ype=S
Browse More Reports by TMR:
Water for Injection Market– The value of the global water for injection market stood at US$ 21.5 Bn in 2021. The global market estimated to rise at a CAGR of 9.5% during the forecast period, from 2022 to 2031. The global water for injection market size is estimated to surpass value of US$ 53.8 Bn by 2031.
Antihyperlipidemic Drugs Market– The global industry was valued USD 12.0 Bn in 2022 and is expected to reach USD 20.1 Bn by 2031 with CAGR of 6.1%.
About Transparency Market Research
Transparency Market Research, a global market research company registered at Wilmington, Delaware, United States, provides custom research and consulting services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insights for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools & techniques to gather and analyses information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research Inc.
CORPORATE HEADQUARTER DOWNTOWN,
1000 N. West Street,
Suite 1200, Wilmington, Delaware 19801 USA
USA – Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
- AEM United States Ag Tractor and Combine Report November 2023 - December 11, 2023
- Glancy Prongay & Murray LLP Reminds Investors of Looming Deadline in the Class Action Lawsuit Against Dollar General Corporation (DG) - December 11, 2023
- GE INVESTOR ALERT: Robbins Geller Rudman & Dowd LLP Announces that General Motors Company Investors with Substantial Losses Have Opportunity to Lead the General Motors Class Action Lawsuit - December 11, 2023