Brazil’s center-south sugarcane crush for the 2017-18 harvest was down 1.46% from April 2017 to January 1, 2018, compared to the same period a year ago, totaling 583.390 million tons, said the Union of Sugarcane Industry (Unica).
Total ethanol production reached 25.223 billion liters, up 1.23% from a year before, with 10.658 billion liters in anhydrous ethanol (+1.09%) and 14.565 billion liters of hydrous ethanol (+1.34%). Meanwhile, sugar production rose by 1.74%, totaling 35.823 million tons.
Regarding production mix, 53.07% of the raw material obtained was used for ethanol production, while the remaining 46.93% went to sugar production.
Year-to-date, Total Recoverable Sugar (TRS) reached 137.32 kilograms per ton of sugarcane, 2.59% higher than in the same period of the 2016/2017 cycle.
The material has been provided by InstaForex Company – www.instaforex.com
Latest posts by Insta Forex (see all)
- *BRAZIL: IBOVESPA FALLS 0.13%, TRADING AT 76,493 PTS - July 16, 2018
- *BRAZIL: IBOVESPA TRADES SLIGHTLY LOWER - July 16, 2018
- *CAR WASH: BRAZIL AND ARGENTINA CLOSES DEAL TO SHARE PLEA-BARGAIN DEALS - July 16, 2018