- New relationship takes aim at data leaks and helps organizations protect digital information, including documents scanning on Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFDs and imaging solutions
- Canon Solutions America’s Enterprise Services and Solutions group will leverage Vera’s advanced data protection and rights management platform for secure data capture, detailed auditing, and data privacy
- Vera’s data-centric security technology is designed to encrypt customer data in transit, at rest, and in use, helping to protect sensitive information from data loss and damaging breaches
MELVILLE, N.Y. and PALO ALTO, Calif., Feb. 13, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Today at the One Canon press and analyst event in Hollywood, FL Canon Solutions America, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc., with over 78,000 customers, announced it has selected Vera to provide technology designed to help protect Canon customers’ intellectual property and critical business information. By embracing a data-centric approach to security, we’ve entered into a new and exciting era where the old paradigm of perimeter-based approaches are no longer the unquestioned norm. Together with Vera’s encryption and data protection technology, Canon Solutions America can now provide its customers with the technology to help protect their data anywhere, any time and give them the ability to control access to that data at the file level.
Canon Solutions America President, Peter Kowalczuk, recalls a recent conversation with a large Fortune 1000 financial customer: “We asked them how they were securing their environment and they were confident their current security posture met all requirements. We asked that same customer how they control access to sensitive email and the attachments, once they’ve left the corporate domain, and the silence was deafening. At that moment, we knew we had an offering that would help our customers collaborate and share content without compromising security. Through our new relationship with Vera, we can help our customers with protecting their information throughout their organization, including documents scanned on Canon imageRUNNER ADVANCE MFPs, and help secure workflows across a complex organization.”
Vera’s innovative data-centric security platform gives customers the ability to encrypt, track, and help control how content is accessed, or how it’s shared. Combining Vera’s strong security and dynamic control with Canon Solutions America’s innovative digital and business services platform, customers will now have access to powerful new security capabilities, designed to give users dynamic access control over their files. As part of this new relationship, Canon Solutions America’s sales force will offer Vera products and services as a core offering of their Security Solutions and Services portfolio. Additionally, Canon Solutions America plans to integrate Vera’s data security solution across its solutions portfolio to provide its customers with the tools to help protect sensitive files as they flow in an out of customer systems.
Canon Solutions America has chosen Vera to:
- Enable secure content and file sharing: From local storage to cloud content management, Vera helps to ensure only authorized parties can access sensitive files. The platform has the ability to seamlessly boost the security of any file that leaves an organization with additional encryption, file-level usage rights, and document classification, and can maintain that control where the file travels.
- Provide dynamic authentication for critical information: Vera’s policy-driven multi-factor authentication protects highly-classified information, helping to ensure only authorized recipients can access it. Based on the sensitivity of a document, where it’s been stored, and who has access, Vera has the capability to require additional authentication factors to confirm they are the right party to access sensitive data.
- Help customers comply with EU regulations and protect customer data: Vera helps to accelerate enterprises’ ability to comply with a complex web of state, federal, and international regulations, including the EU’s impending General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Vera seeks to provide a 360-degree audit trail and chain of custody which is necessary for global risk and compliance officers to help control what users can and cannot do with enterprise data while simultaneously using technology which helps preserve their security, across all applications, devices, and platforms.
“Our mission is to protect our customer’s most sensitive data, anywhere and always,” said Ajay Arora, CEO and co-founder of Vera. “Canon’s products are at the center of how businesses around the world work, and we’re inspired by their philosophy of working together for the common good. Through our new relationship, we are going to advance the way organizations collaborate, create, and share their visions, more securely.”
As companies seek frictionless security solutions to protect personal and corporate data, this relationship brings together Vera’s industry-leading data security platform with Canon’s suite of innovative products that shape our experience every day. This dynamic platform helps organizations take strides toward adhering with the information security CIA standard of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability. Businesses can now have the ability to get 360-degree insight into how confidential data is being accessed, the ability to instantly revoke file access, and the tools they need to continually set and adapt security policies, even after information has left their network.
For more information on how Vera is helping Canon Solutions America protect customer data, please visit www.vera.com/blog/ or csa.canon.com/security.
Vera is the leading next-generation data security company enabling businesses of all sizes to secure, track and share any kind of data, no matter where it’s stored or located. With robust policy enforcement, strong encryption and strict access controls, Vera’s data-centric security solution enables employees to collaborate freely while ensuring a high level of security, visibility and control. For more information, visit www.vera.com
About Canon Solutions America, Inc.
Canon Solutions America provides industry leading enterprise, production, and large format printing solutions, supported by exceptional professional service offerings. With the technology offerings of the Canon and Océ brands, Canon Solutions America helps companies of all sizes improve sustainability, increase efficiency, and control costs through high volume, continuous feed, digital and traditional printing, and document management solutions. A wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc., Canon Solutions America is headquartered in Melville, N.Y. and has sales and service locations across the U.S. For more information on Canon Solutions America, please visit csa.canon.com.
Canon is a registered trademark of Canon Inc. in the United States and elsewhere. Océ is a registered trademark of Océ-Technologies B.V. in the United States and elsewhere. All other referenced product names and marks are trademarks of their respective owners and are hereby acknowledged.
Canon Solutions America, Inc. does not provide legal counsel or regulatory compliance consultancy, including without limitation, Sarbanes-Oxley, HIPAA, GLBA, Check 21 or the USA Patriot Act. Each customer must have its own qualified counsel determine the advisability of a particular solution as it relates to regulatory and statutory compliance. Canon products offer certain security features, yet many variables can impact the security of your devices and data. Canon does not warrant that use of its features will prevent security issues. Nothing herein should be construed as legal or regulatory advice concerning applicable laws; customers must have their own qualified counsel determine the feasibility of a solution as it relates to regulatory and statutory compliance. Some security features may impact functionality/performance; you may want to test these settings in your environment. Neither Canon Inc., Canon U.S.A., Inc., nor Canon Solutions America, Inc. represents or warrant any third-party product or feature referenced hereunder.
© 2018 Canon Solutions America, Inc. All rights reserved.
Global Communications Manager